3nd ANNUAL ATLANTA PIGSKIN CLASSIC
Youth Football Invitational
November 22-24 , 2013
AGES 6U -14U
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Entry Fee $250 Before November 15
2013 STANDING AND RESULTS
6U CHAMPION - BEN HILL BLUE
7U/8U CHAMPION - GRESHAM PARK RATTLERS
9U CHAMPION - NORTH PAULDING WOLFPACK10U CHAMPION - EAST PAULDING RAIDERS
12U CHAMPION - GLENWOOD PANTHERS
14U CHAMPION- ATLANTA VIKINGS
ROSTER FORM - CLICK HERE
LIABILITY WAIVER FORM
TRI-CITIES HIGH SCHOOL - 2575 HARRIS STREET , EAST POINT , GA 30344
WESTLAKE HIGH SCHOOL - 2400 UNION ROAD , ATLANTA , GA 30331
OSBORNE HIGH SCHOOL - 2451 FAVORS ROAD SW , MARIETTA , GA 30060ADMISSION:
Daily admission is $8.00 for Adults, Students under 12 $5.00 , Childern under 6 Free
Each team must register prior to first game . Coaches and players
will be issued tournament passes. Coaches must have league
identification to qualify for pass. Each team is allowed passes for five
coaches only . No exceptions. If coach is not listed on roster form they will not receive a pass.
Birth certificates and players will be verified against the roster you turn in. No player can be
added after the team is registered. Players will receive bands at registration.
Common Playing Rules
Note: Atlanta Pigskin Classic will play under NCAA rules and National Federation of High School football rules.
Note: In the six through the nine year old
divisions you can have no player stand over the center what so
ever, player can be in a three point or four point stance, but not stand
in the gap. Please call tournament director if you do not understand
Note: Only one coach on the field with 6u. Only five coaches on the side line at any one time.
Note: All teams and coaches need to report to field reps and game
officials to register there teams prior to playing there first games ,
must be 60 minutes before their perspective game times. Team listed
first on the schedule is the Home team and must were Dark uniform. Home
team is responsible for the chain crew. Team listed second is the
visitor and must were white or light color uniform. If the team only
has one uniform, must notify the tournament director prior to schedule
1. All games will consist of four (4) equal right (8) minute quarters each.
2. Extra points are awarded as follow: 2 points for kicks and 1 point for a pass or a run.
3. 6U and 7U only one coach can be on the field. That coach is
restricted from interfering in any manner of play. If officials
determine that a coach interferes, that coach will be ejected from the
field of play for the duration of that game and his team forfeit's the
right to have a coach on the field for the remainder of the game.
Starting at age 6u -8u, coaches can elected to have live kick offs.
Ages 9u and above will have live kick offs and punts.
4. Radio headsets will be allowed on the field by coaches.
5. A running clock will be utilized in any game in which any team is
behind by 25 points. The clock will not be stopped until the point
difference becomes less than 25 points.
6. There will be no smoking, chewing tobacco, or alcohol use on the
sidelines before, during, or after the games. Officials will assets an
unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for any violation and the person will be
ejected from the playing field.
7. Anyone found to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be
ejected from the tournament and will not be allowed at any field.
8. If any player, coach, or spectator is ejected by a referee, field
representative, or security personnel, the ejection will be for the
remainder of that game add continue through the next game.
9. Each team must have a game ball to use during respective offensive possessions.
10. Attempts to use ineligible players or gross team un-sportsmanship
will not be tolerated. A board of officials will be convened to handle
such matters to include ejection of the offending team for the
tournament Head coaches are responsible for the actions of their staff,
players and fans.
11. All tied games will be decided by National Federation High School rules.
12. Any topics not discussed are covered by the National Federation School Association and Rules.
13. The Atlanta Pigskin Classic Staff must have access to the "team
book" for each teams respective league at least on notarized liability
contract, a valid birth certificate from either the States Division of
Vital Statistics or a Birth Certificate from the Federal Government or
Military and a current photograph taken within the last 6 months of the
player attached to the contract before the may participate, Records of
Birth from a hospital will not be accepted as appropriate
14. Players may only participate in one age and weight division. Once
registered for a particular division, no switching or changing will be
15. Player of any weight may kick on extra points but not advance the ball if play gets muffed.
16. Age Determing date: September 1, 2012 . If player is on league roster form and has played with the exisiting team
- ZERO TOLERANCE: It is the coaches responsibility
that all players, coaches, and parents behave in an orderly
manner. Any intolerable actions will result in immediate
suspension or disqualifcation from the event.
- Uniforms: All teams should have either reversible
jerseys (with two different colors) or two sets of jerseys (light
and dark) with numbers on front (2") and back of jerseys (6"), no
exception Team listed first -Visitor –Light Color or white . Team
listed second is home team – Dark Uniforms . Home team is
responsible for the chain crew.
- Coach's Attire: All coaches and assistants will
wear long pants or dress shorts, shirts with collars, and dress or
basketball/tennis shoes. Casual and/or "cut off" shorts, warm-up
suits, t-shirts, and open-toed shoes are not permitted. Tournament
Director or Site Director has the authority to NOT allow any
coaching staff on the bench if not in proper attire.â€¨â€¨These
rules will be strictly enforced!!
- Bench Rules: Only eligible players plus a maximum
of three coaches (this includes statistician, ball boys, and other
staff) may be on the team's bench. Violation of this rule will
result in one warning. The team will then have 1 minute to clear
the bench of anyone not listed on the official roster. If a team
fails to comply, the violator(s) will be ejected.
- Protests: Any protest must be communicated
immediately to the site Director. Protests must be submitted in
writing and be accompanied by a $100 fee. A committee will consider
all protests as soon as possible. Protests pertaining to an
official's judgment will not be considered.
- Contacts: Each field will have a site director who
will answer all questions. The tournament director will be the
final decision maker on all tournament issues and Pool Qualifiers.
- Tournament Director Harold Thompson 404-454-2919
- Assistant Tournament Director William Welcome 404-436-5144
- Assistant Tournament Director - Dion Webb 678-323-6636
- Event Coordinator – Stephanie Smith 404-644-6824
- Each bracket will consist of two or three pools consisting of
three to four teams each. Each team is guaranteed three games. When
there is a bracket with three pools, the pool winners will advance
to the semi finals. An "at large" team will be selected based on
the non-pool winner team with the overall best record.
Tie Breaker / At Large Selection
- Ties for pool winners and "at large teams will be based first
on head to head then point differential. Points are determined by
the margin of victory of each of the three games with a maximum of
+- 15 points. If total points differential for both teams are still
a tie, you add up total defensive points (total points given up in
the three games) the team given up the fewest wins the tiebreaker. If
there is still a tie after both of these tests, then a coin toss
will determine the winner.